The postman knocks on the door, finally your crystals are here! You carefully unwrap them, recycle the packaging (thank you!), and…now what?
Since we’re never sure what energies are picked up in transit, it’s always best to cleanse your crystals before you put them to work in your home. Cleansing them will ensure any negative energies are banished, and your new pretties are ready to work with you and your good vibes. You may also find your crystals start to feel a little heavy with energy when you’ve been using them for a while, so cleansing is a great energy reset.
There are endless ways to cleanse your crystals, and we recommend experimenting to find which way works for you. Personally, we’re a big fan of placing your crystals in salt to be cleansed. You can use any salt, even table salt from your kitchen, but we’re quite fond of Himalayan salt for good vibes. You can place any crystal in salt, unlike some other methods that don’t compliment all stones, making it a perfect catch all method. We recommend finding a beautiful brass dish or bowl and filling it with salt ready to go whenever new crystals arrive, or your collection is feeling in need of a refresh. Simply place your crystals in the salt and leave them, we usually leave them overnight on a windowsill for a little additional moonlight magic! They’ll be good to go in the morning.
Other methods include;
- Burying your crystals underground for 24 hours.
- Cleansing with a smudge stick or incense.
- Placing them under the light of a full moon, outside on a dry night or in a windowsill with views of the moon.
- Using a cleansing crystal such as Selenite to cleanse.
- Cleansing them in water – note not all crystals are compatible with this so be sure to check first. Bonus points if you use water from a full moon ritual, or a body of water that means a lot to you.